The month in numbers:
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) – Furlough
Office for National Statistics latest data on Furlough, as of 20 September:
· 9.6 million UK jobs furloughed
· 1.2 million Employers using the Furlough scheme
· A total of £39.3 billion of claims made
HM Revenue and Customs, data up to 31 July:
· The accommodation and food services sector had the highest furlough rate of 77%
· Employers with 10-19 employees had the highest take up rate of the CJRS with 81% of employers furloughing at least one employee
· Employers with 250 or more employees had a take up rate of 21%
Ministry of Justice Employment Tribunal Statistics
· The Ministry of Justice have reported that for the period of April -June 2020, the number of single employment tribunal claims increased by 18% compared to the same period in 2019.
· The increase is most likely caused by unemployment and changes to work conditions during Covid-19
· The highest maximum award made in 2019/20 is in respect of disability discrimination. The award made was £266,000. The previous year, the highest award was made in respect of age discrimination of £39,000.
Office for National Statistics latest data, reported October 2020 shows:
· That there has been little change in the number of people on payroll. September employment levels compared to August, were up by 20,000
· However, overall, since March 2020, the number of payroll employees have fallen by 673,000
· Vacancies increased by 143,000 in the period July to September. They were previously at 343,000 for the period April to June
· The estimated employment rate for all people was 75.6%, which was down by 0.3% on the year
The Xact team will give your business a free of charge health and safety assessment to ensure that you are legally compliant. Please contact the Xact Team to arrange your free consultation by clicking on the button.