ONS Labour Market Overview UK December 2020
· Since February 2020, the number of people on payroll has dropped by 819,000
· UK unemployment rate in the three months leading to October 2020 was 4.9%, slightly higher than the previous quarter, and compared to the same period in 2019 it is 1.2% higher.
· 370,000 redundancies occurred in the three months leading to October 2020, which is an increase of 217,000 for the quarter. These are record figures
· It was estimated that there were 547,000 vacancies between September and November 2020, which compared to the same period 2019, is a reduction of 251,000
· Growth in average total pay, including bonuses increased to 2.7% between August and October 2020.
The Xact team will give your business a free of charge health and safety assessment to ensure that you are legally compliant. Please contact the Xact Team to arrange your free consultation by clicking on the button.